Updated Sustainability Policy
We have recently updated our sustainability policy, you can read it here below or download a pdf file.
Herrmans Bike Components Ltd. is committed to sustainability and the responsible use of resources, and we strive to be a forerunner in sustainability in the bike industry. We believe in the triple bottom line approach of balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in all of our operations according to the following principles.
- Contribute to positive change for improved wellbeing of people in society
- Respect human rights and promote fair labor practices throughout our supply chain.
- Support local communities and invest in programs that enhance social well-being.
- Foster a diverse and inclusive workplace that values the contributions of all employees.
- Reduce our carbon footprint through energy-efficient practices and responsible resource use.
- Minimize waste and emissions through responsible production processes and product design.
- Use sustainable materials and resources in our products and packaging.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify and address sustainability challenges in the industry.
- Continuously evaluate and improve the sustainability of our products and processes through life cycle assessments and other metrics.
- Continuously strive to improve operational efficiency and reduce costs through resource conservation and scrap reduction.
- Foster partnerships with suppliers and customers that share our sustainability values.
- Encourage employee engagement and innovation to drive sustainable business practices.
- Continuously assess and improve the sustainability of our operations through regular audits and reporting.
As a forerunner in the bike industry, we are committed to leading by example and setting the standard for sustainable business practices. We are committed to ongoing improvement and the integration of sustainability into all aspects of our business, guided by relevant international standards and best practices.
This policy serves as a guiding principle for all of our operations and decision-making processes.
For more information, contact our Operational Excellence & Sustainability Team!
Erik Brännbacka, Operational Excellence & Sustainability Manager
Sari Noromies, Sustainability & Operational Excellence Developer