WANTED: PRODUCT MANAGER
DEADLINE HAS RUN OUT
Herrmans Bike Components Ltd
Herrmans Bike Components Ltd is one of the leading European pioneers when it comes to developing components and solutions for the bicycle industry. Over 60 years of development and manufacturing, in close collaboration with European bicycle manufacturers, ensures the competence of our company, both for the needs of today and for the opportunities of the future. Herrmans Bike Components Ltd is a successful and growing export company in Jakobstad. About 130 talents work in our headquarters in Finland, Germany and Taiwan
And yes – the Bicycle Industry is flourishing like never before!
A bicycle boom is here. Biking is growing worldwide, and all experts predict on a good growth many years to come, also after the dust of the on-going exceptional boom has set. This is good news, both for the environment and for the individual. Many companies worldwide are passionate about contributing to this biking movement – including the unique Finnish bicycle component producer Herrmans Bike Components Ltd, born and raised in Ostrobothnia!
Now we are looking for a Product Manager within Grips!
Area of responsibility
Owner of Grip product portfolio and leading Grip projects “from inquiry to delivery”. To be the connecting point between Market (understanding competitor & customer needs), production (phase-in, phase-out) & R&D (what to develop when). Technical product-related support for OEM, wholesalers, dealers, consumers, and partners regarding Grips. Representing customer voice in the development of new Herrmans Grip products. Managing relationships with partners and other suppliers within the industry.
Manage Grip product portfolio; product life cycles, phase outs and product portfolio strategies. Coordinate and complete customer projects on time within budget and within scope. Oversee all aspects of projects; set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor and summarize progress of projects. Support organization in product related questions. Lead by example a culture of openness, accountability, and continuous improvement. Instills and maintains a positive can-do team atmosphere within the team.
- Owner for Product Portfolio Process
- Lead portfolio group
- Build, maintain and Manage Product Portfolio Plan for Grips
- Analyze products
- Phase-out plans and implementation
- Continuously develop Product Portfolio Process and systems
- Project Management of customer specific projects
- Assist customers in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Be the main contact person and coordinator for the customer, sales team and project management in Finland.
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
- Ensure that related projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Product support for OEMs, Wholesalers, Dealers, Consumers and Partners.
- Assist OEMs, Wholesaler, Dealer and Consumer if they have technical questions or if they need support.
- Be the main contact person for relevant partners
- Tasks within own organization
- Planning and renewing of product positioning
- Prepare relevant data for decisions about products
- Assist R&D in case of getting/giving necessary information from/to the market in case of new Product Developments.
- Assist sales staff in product inquires
- As a person you are a great communicator, systematic and action-oriented
- You are a team player and like to work in a team
- Proven working experience in product / project management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English language. German/French/Dutch seen as a clear advantage.
- Solid organizational skills with attention to details and ability to work under time pressure
- Experience (5 years or more) in handling technical customer projects and a commercial understanding (if possible as PM bike or PM bicycle components)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent experiences
- Experience and knowledge in reading 3D drawings
- Passion for biking and/or experience from the biking industry
HQ in Finland / Home Office or a combination. Readiness to travel frequently to HQ in Finland, especially initially.